We believe business is best done with a handshake and a smile. We believe in treating our customers the way we want to be treated. We believe in helping you however we can, from silver charms all the way up to engagement rings and anniversary gifts. We believe in building relationships, not making sales. We believe in training our staff to educate, not to push a sale. We believe in helping you find or create beautiful, quality jewelry, regardless of your budget. We believe in standing behind our jewelry and our workmanship. We believe in honesty and integrity.
The goal of Garwood's Jewelers is to maintain our position as a leading jewelry store in Fort Collins. We are committed to serving our customers with products of exceptional quality and beauty and ensuring customer satisfaction through trust, integrity and outstanding personalized service.
Commitment to Quality
At Garwood's, we work only with reputable companies that produce exceptional quality jewelry and are very concerned with the details in each piece. In addition, we rigorously inspect all products before they reach the sales floor, and they must meet our standards of quality in both manufacturing and beauty. Our loose diamonds are certified by the Gemological Institute of America and the American Gem Society, both non-profit organizations dedicated to the unbiased and strict grading of diamonds to ensure consistently high quality stones. The extremely rigorous standards our jewelers apply to their workmanship at the bench for both custom pieces and repair work are among the highest within the jewelry industry.
AGS ETHICAL PRACTICES
In order to maintain membership, jewelers in the American Gem Society agree to:
- Provide full disclosure of all facts pertaining to the products they sell.
- Never intentionally deceive their employees, consumers, vendors, or business partners.
- Compete fairly and never speak unprofessionally about their competitors. Likewise, encourage their colleagues in the jewelry industry to embrace these principles.
- Resolve any customer complaints relating to the sale of a product.
- Not sell conflict diamonds. AGS jewelers must make every effort to fully comply with the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and the World Diamond Council System of Warranties.
- Continue their gemological and jewelry education, always improving their knowledge and keeping up with trends in jewelry and ethical business practices.
- Adhere to anti-money laundering (AML) program, which is designed to comply with the USA Patriot Act.
Under the guidelines for “Social and Human Rights Practices,” AGS jewelers are required to respect the fundamental human rights of all their employees, business partners, and, of course, their customers. They must adhere to all applicable laws related to work hours and compensation and they must conduct business in an environmentally responsible manner.
One of the most important parts of our business is the continuing gemological education of our staff. It is our promise to you that any questions you might have about gemstones and jewelry will be answered promptly and correctly. The jewelry industry, especially when it comes to gemstones, is constantly evolving. Our membership in the American Gem Society requires that we keep abreast of the most current industry information through our annual re-certification process. Much like many professional trade organizations, we must pass an examination in order to maintain our accreditation. The American Gem Society grants advanced gemological titles to those individuals completing the required education coursework in gemology. The society also supports our belief in proven business ethics and consumer protection by making it an essential part of their coursework. Our AGS credentials are your assurance that you are dealing with knowledgeable professionals. We strongly believe that the more you know, the more comfortable you are in making a buying decision.
- American Gem Society - member since 1982
- Jewelers of America
- Certified Gemologists - American Gem Society
- Registered Jeweler - American Gem Society
- Gemologist Degrees - Gemological Institute of America
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce - member since 1997
- Downtown Fort Collins Business Association